Brite Chief Advancement Officer
Job no: 496816
Work type: Full-time
Location: Brite Divinity School
Categories: Managerial / Administration
Job Summary: The Brite Chief Advancement Officer is responsible for increasing philanthropic support of Brite Divinity School by developing and managing an advancement staff and comprehensive program including fundraising strategies, donor stewardship, prospect research, prospect management and analysis of fund-raising activities. Officer is involved in the life of Brite Divinity School, its programs and constituents.
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
- Implements annual and long-term goals and objectives by overseeing fundraising strategies, communications, constituent relations, planned giving and capital campaigns.
- Monitors the fund-raising activity by designing, compiling and distributing monthly, quarterly and annual reports that tabulate qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activity.
- Coordinates plans for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of Brite donors by developing an effective system for tracking activity with prospects; developing fund-raising strategies, and maintaining good communication with Brite faculty, staff and donors; collaboration with TCU advancement staff.
- Achieves financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing budgets, managing expenditures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent writing skills/background for preparation of proposals, reports, and other donor communications.
- 5 years of experience in advancement oversight including leading capital campaigns of $10 million or greater and experience in grant writing.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Experience in special events planning a plus.
- Public relations, marketing and communications background a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of and familiarity with development information systems, gift processing and database management.
- Knowledge of leadership, management and communication techniques.
- Knowledge of the understanding of the principals of advancement research and donor stewardship.
- Ability to establish challenging goals and evaluate program effectiveness.
Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
- Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
- Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
- Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
- Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
- Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
- Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
- There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
AA/EEO Statement: As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Apply at https://jobs.tcu.edu/en-us/job/496816/brite-chief-advancement-officer