The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support by coordinating activities, supporting programs and facilitating department objectives.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
Produces information by developing, transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics. Organizes work by reading, routing and answering correspondence; collecting, maintaining and prioritizing information; managing department procedures and telecommunications; assigning and monitoring student workers.
Maintains department schedules by keeping calendars for department personnel; arranging meetings, classes, conferences, teleconferences, and travel. Organizes department events by securing speakers making guest travel arrangements, choosing menus or purchasing food, reserving facilities, ordering decorations, preparing agendas, programs and taking minutes.
Maintains webpages for department by creating and updating content; identifying and resolving issues and implementing results. Manages public relations by greeting customers, constituents and colleagues, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries, providing information and assistance regarding department functions.
Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies. Monitors expenses by gathering and reporting budget information; facilitating and monitoring invoices and purchase orders, scheduling and reconciling expenditures.
Facilitates department projects by creating and documenting the process to implement projects; monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; communicating with vendors; resolving problems; making recommendations for management approval. Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques, making recommendations for changes. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Clerical test is required:
To apply for this position, applicants must first satisfactorily complete pre-employment testing. To schedule testing, please contact 817-257-7790. Typing score must be 40 WPM with 98% accuracy; data entry score must be 4000 KPH with 98% accuracy; basic skills score must be 70%. If you currently have test scores on file in Human Resources, those will be used. Applications will not be forwarded to departments until satisfactory scores are on file.
Required Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
• 1 plus year of basic office experience
• To be considered for this position, both a cover letter and resume are required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of customer service techniques.
• Knowledge of basic research techniques.
• Knowledge of basic accounting practices.
• Skill in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
• Skill in problem solving and communicating resolutions.
• Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
• Ability to draft grammatically correct correspondence.
• Ability to evaluate and make recommendations to improve operations.
Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
• Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant – Brite
Job Number: 2016-270
Department: Brite Admissions – 12500
Salary: $15.09/hourly plus benefits
FLSA Status: Eligible for Overtime
To apply for this position, applicants must first satisfactorily complete pre-employment testing. To schedule testing, please contact 817-257-7790
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
For employment opportunities outside of Brite, please visit the Brite Job Board.