The Master of Divinity degree at Brite is designed to educate informed leaders who are prepared to engage in effective, critically imaginative ministry in a variety of contemporary contexts. This comprehensive theological and ministerial degree is the primary course of study for those seeking ordination in most traditions. The M.Div. curriculum is flexible and allows much freedom in the selection of courses, including optional certificates of study.
|View coursework and other degree program requirements related to the M.Div. program here.
|Optional Certificates of Study within the M.Div:
Due to the generosity of donors, M.Div. students are eligible for generous financial assistance in the form of need and merit-based tuition grants. More information about tuition and fees is available here.
The Masters Admissions Committee normally acts on completed applications within six weeks. If the action is favorable, the applicant will receive an offer of admission as well as an indication of any tuition grant or stipend award.
M.Div. applications must meet the following requirements:
- A baccalaureate degree or equivalent (GPA: 2.75 and an average of not less than 3.0 in courses taken at the junior and senior level.)
- Those with a GPA between 2.50 and 2.749 or whose junior and senior course level work is below 3.0 may be eligible for admission on academic probation.
- The Admissions Committee may consider applicants who do not meet these standards on a case by base basis.
- Admissions interview
- Statement of Intent
- Letters of Recommendation
- Transcripts from all previous undergraduate and graduate institutions
- TOEFL (if applicable)
- Personal Conduct Statement
- Application Fee