Arc: The Journal of the Faculty of Religious Studies, McGill University are soliciting submissions on the theme of embodiment for the 2012March 20, 2012
The editors of Arc: The Journal of the Faculty of Religious Studies, McGill University are soliciting submissions on the theme of embodiment for the 2012 issue. Submissions could address various topics, including:
· The role of the body in religion,
· The valuation of the body as sacred or profane,
· Embodiment and personhood,
· The value of the body in the religious fulfillment of the human being, · Theories of embodiment in religious studies,
· The role of the body in religious narratives,
· Body-centric rituals and practices,
· Gender and sexuality,
· Interdisciplinary approaches to the study of the body and religion.
Arc is an interdisciplinary, refereed journal published annually by the Faculty of Religious Studies, McGill University. The journal combines the talents of professors and graduate students in offering space for scholarly discussions on various aspects of the academic study of religion, including method and theory in the study of religion.
Arc encourages submissions from diverse religious traditions and perspectives.
The submission deadline is June 15, 2012. For detailed submission guidelines, please consult the Guidelines for Contributors (PDF) on our website. All electronic correspondence, including requests for review copies of books, should be sent to the editors, Richard Cumming and Ryan Jones, at the following email address: