Brite Divinity School educates women and men to lead in the ministry of Christ’s church, the academy and public life as witnesses to God’s reconciling and transforming love and justice.
DegreesPh.D., University of Haifa, 2008
M.A., University of Haifa, 2004
B.A., University of Haifa, 2002
- Beyond Canon: Jewish Apocrypha & Pseudepigrapha
- Introduction to the Dead Sea Scrolls
- Reading Jewish Aramaic Texts
- The Bible and the Dead Sea Scrolls
- The Bible at Qumran
- The Former Prophets Retold
- The Patriarchs In Ancient Jewish Literature
- Warriors, Prophets, and Sages
- The Rewritten Joshua Scrolls from Qumran: Texts, Translations, and Commentary, Berlin: de Gruyter, 2013.
Journal Articles, Book Chapters and Book Reviews
- “The Song of Miriam (4Q365 6a ii + 6c 1-7) Revisited”, Journal of Biblical Literature 132 (2013):905-911
- Review of E. Qimron, The Dead Sea Scrolls: The Hebrew Writings: Volume One. Between Bible and Mishnah. Jerusalem: Yad Ben-Zvi Press, 2010 (Hebrew), Journal of Semitic Studies 58 (2013):201-202.
- Review of L.H. Schiffman, Qumran and Jerusalem: Studies in the Dead Sea Scrolls and the History of Judaism. Studies in the Dead Sea Scrolls and Related Literature. Grand Rapids, Michigan, Cambridge, UK: Eerdmans, 2010, Journal of Semitic Studies 58 (2013):204-206.
- Review of M.E. Stone, A. Amihay, and V. Hillel, Noah and His Books(s). SBL Early Judaism and Its Literature 28. Atlanta: Society of Biblical Literature, 2010, Journal of Semitic Studies 58 (2013):199-201.
- “Reading Exodus with Deuteronomy in 4Q368 frg. 2”, Journal of Ancient Judaism 3 (2012), pp. 329-338
- “The Sinai Revelation according to 4Q377 (Apocryphal Pentateuch B)”, Dead Sea Discoveries 18 (2011), pp. 155-172.
- “The Story of Exodus according to 4Q422” Studies in the Dead Sea Scrolls (Meghillot) 8-9 (2010), pp. 373-391.
- “The Flood Story according to 4Q422”, in D. Dimant, R. Kratz (eds.), The Dynamics of Exegesis and Language at Qumran (Forschungen zum Alten Testament 2. Reihe 35 ) Mohr Siebeck 2009, pp. 57-77.
- “A Note on 4Q464a”, Studies in the Dead Sea Scrolls (Meghillot) 7 (2009), pp. 299-304 (Hebrew).
- “Creating a Digital Tool for the Study of Biblical Quotations and Allusions in the Dead Sea Scrolls," A (together with F. Feldman) A Manchester, Newton Fellowship, and Nordic Network Symposium, University of Manchester, 24-26 July 2013
- “On Kings and Prophets: Rewriting Former Prophets at Qumran”, the 16th Congress of Jewish Studies, Jerusalem, July 2013.
- “Reading Joshua–Judges in 4Q522 (4QProphecy of Joshua): The Geography”, SBL, Chicago, 20 November 2012.
- “Gabriel Revelation and the Dead Sea Scrolls”, Regional SBL: Joint Session: Hebrew Bible and New Testament, March 10, 2012.
- “Deuteronomy Retold: Biblical Interpretation in 1Q22 Words of Moses”, ISBL, London, 4 July 2011
Society of Biblical Literature
Association for Jewish Studies
World Union of Jewish Studies